Pasta: my first food, my favourite food, my everything food. With so much love for this delicious, comforting and versatile culinary masterpiece, you can imagine my delight when I discovered that it has been officially honoured with its own celebratory day.
Tomorrow (25th October) is World Pasta Day – and for those of you who adore pasta as much as I do, here are 5 ways to enjoy the pasta party:
- Check out this impressive ‘everything you need to know’ infographic about pasta, courtesy of the ShortList.
- Embrace some of the best pasta quotes of all time:
Life is a combination of magic and pasta.
Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
No man is lonely while eating spaghetti
– it requires too much attention.
- Understand the science behind centuries of Italian creativity, with The Geometry of Pasta’s essential guide to the most popular pasta shapes.
- Learn how to create a perfect marriage between pasta and sauce.
- Eat pasta for breakfast, lunch, dinner…and even dessert with this recipe from Gino D’Acampo.
To all the pasta aficionados: Buon appetito!
PS. How well do you know your fettuccine from your farfalle?